Edward Burne Jones
1833 - 1898 One of the original members of the famous Artist's Rifles
Praising Angel Designed by Edward Burne-Jones Manufactured by William Morris & Co. 1902 Painted, stained, and leaded Glass “This angel was originally designed for Salisbury Cathedral . . . Every care and attention has been lavished on the detail — from the fish-scale pattern on the harp to the multi-coloured halo.” — William Morris Gallery
'The Legend of Briar Rose' is the title of a series of paintings by Edward Burne-Jones which were completed between 1885 and 1890. The four original paintings - The Briar Wood, The Council Chamber, The Garden Court and The Rose Bower - and an additional 10 adjoining panels, are located at Buscot Park in Oxfordshire, England.