Need a no bake dessert for the 4th of July?
Published on June 30, 2022
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 8 servings
- •▢2 cups graham crackers
- •▢1/2 cup granulated sugar
- •▢1/2 cup salted butter melted
- •▢1 1/2 cups water
- •▢1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- •▢3 tbsp corn starch
- •▢3 oz strawberry gelatin such as Jello
- •▢2 cups fresh strawberries hulled
- •▢8 oz Cool whip thawed
- •▢8 large strawberries for topping
- •Make The Crust
- •Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in a medium bowl. Stir until crumbs are moist and press into the bottom of a 9- or 10-inch pie plate. Place in the refrigerator.
- •Make The Filling
- •In a medium saucepan, combine the water, sugar and corn starch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer and stir constantly until mixture has thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the gelatin. Stir until smooth and lumps are gone.
- •Remove the pie plate from the fridge and add the strawberries in an even layer. Pour the gelatin mixture evenly over the top of the crust. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- •Top The Pie
- •Remove the pie from the fridge and spread the thawed Cool Whip over the top in an even layer. Top with fresh strawberries, if desired, cut and serve!
- •Refrigerate the pie until you’re ready to serve and wait until just before serving to add the strawberry slices to the top.
- •Don't skimp on the 2-hour refrigeration time noted in the recipe card. You will want the pie to have that full time (or more) to completely firm up.