Shake Paint Valentine’s Day Heart Craft! Toddler sensory, reasoning, & fine motor activity/craft.
• Non-toxic baby/toddler friendly paint (red and/or purple or colors of your choosing to decorate hearts) or use edible paint recipe (plain/vanilla yogurt with food coloring).
• Small white envelope, plain white paper, or colorful construction paper (as place to put shake paint hearts)
• White paper & colorful construction paper (for hearts)
• Scissors (to cut out hearts)
• Small square plastic Tupperware container (to place hearts in, pour paint, & shake up hearts)
• Highchair, tarp, or mat (for mess)
• Let child get messy & problem solve!
• Don’t correct right away & let child explore first.
• Let child explore using all senses (can do edible paint/yogurt with food coloring).
• Describe what your child will be doing while demonstrating & helping. Describe what your child is doing while they are doing it.
• Name colors & repeat the name of the shape chosen (heart).
• Repetition is always key to language development.